• Sporicidin® (USA)
• Windex® Multi-surface Disinfectant Cleaner (yellow Windex)
• Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal
• Cidex OPA® Disinfectant
• A fresh pair of disposable examination gloves
• An N-95 facemask
• Eye protection
When removing an Alcohol or GPS bracelet from one client and preparing to place the bracelet on another client, thoroughly clean and disinfect the bracelet by following these instructions:
1. Spray Sporicidin on the bracelet surfaces and allow it to set for 10-15 minutes to allow its germicidal properties to fully take effect.
2. Spray Windex Multi-surface Disinfectant Cleaner (“yellow Windex”) on the bracelet surfaces to break up any film left behind by the Sporicidin. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF WINDEX CLEANER ON THE BRACELET.
3. Use a nylon scrub-brush to remove any built-up debris on bracelets, concentrate on the seams around the battery faceplate.
4. Quickly re-spray the surfaces with yellow Windex and then immediately wipe surfaces dry with a paper towel or cloth. Alternatively, you may rinse the bracelet under water and then immediately dry it. While rinsing an Alcohol bracelet, DO NOT INVERT IT under the water stream — this prevents water from getting into the exhaust port and damaging the fuel cell.
5. For Alcohol and House Arrest bracelets, spray yellow Windex on the bristles of a compact-head nylon brush with handle and use it to clean battery contacts and pogo pins. Then use a microfiber cloth to dry the battery contacts and pogo pins.
6. Use a small bristle-brush (like a disposable mascara brush) to clean inside the small crevices of the strap connectors and buckle.
7. Use a precision-tip cotton swab to clean and/or dry any small metal components (screw grommets, buckle contacts, and pogo pins).
8. Allow the bracelet components to dry prior to reassembly; this will help prevent moisture corrosion.
Clean and disinfect Remote Breath devices that clients return to you as follows:
1. Spray down the device, its power supply and carrying case with Sporicidin and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before wiping it dry.
2. Spray alcohol-free disinfectant onto a cloth and gently work the cloth into the breath-tube interface to disinfect.
3. Use the cloth to remove any additional condensation that may be present.
4. Discard any breath tubes that are returned by the client.
Spray all communication devices, like Base Stations (wired or wireless) and GPS Beacons, with an alcohol-free disinfectant, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then wipe off the excess with a clean cloth.
Wipe down all associated power supplies, internet, and phone cords with a disinfectant cleaner.